Improving Your Child’s Sleep by Choosing the Right Mattress
The mattress is an investment in your child’s health and your well-being. Consider that the mattress determines your child’s quality of sleep. By choosing the right mattress, you are able to improve your child’s quality of sleep.
Could the mattress be depriving you of sleep? To identify whether the mattress could be robbing you of your sleep, check out for the following signs:
- You wake up feeling tired
- Sleeping in a different bed feels comfortable
- You can see or sense lumps, springs or sagging in your mattress
- Sleeping on a particular side of the mattress feels more comfortable
- Falling asleep faster on the couch compared to when you are in bed
- The mattress makes some noise when you are moving the bed
If you have identified any of the above in your bedroom, the mattress could be depriving you of good night sleep.
We all want to make sure we have a good night sleep. As you already know, sleep is a critical factor when it comes to a healthy lifestyle. Sleeping well allows you to wake up feeling energetic and refreshed the following morning. Therefore, you cannot afford to gamble when choosing a mattress.
In this article, we highlight the good qualities that your most comfortable non-toxic mattress should be having. We shall take you through the mattress purchasing basics. The process allows you to make sure you are choosing the right kind of mattress for your sleep habits.
1. When is the Right Time to Change Your Mattress?
The mattress age is among the factors you need to consider when purchasing a mattress. Sleep experts advise that a mattress should be changed after every eight years. Therefore, if you are waking up feeling tired and your mattress is over seven years, it is not a bad idea budgeting for a new mattress. Some good quality most comfortable pillow top mattress for better sleep will last for more than eight years and be able to provide you maximum comfort. However, if any of the above symptoms become prevalent when you are purchasing a mattress, evaluate the age of the mattress to determine whether it is time to purchase a replacement.
2. What Type of mattress is best for you?
There are several mattress variations available in the market. Some mattress types provide a high level of comfort compared to others. This is regardless of age. You could be sleeping on a new mattress, but you toss and turn waking up with aches and pains on the back. This is definitely a sign that you are sleeping on a mattress that is not suitable for you. Consider the following basic types of mattress available in the market.
- The Memory Foam Mattress- most people who sleep on adjustable beds rely on this type of mattress. They are a modern type of mattresses and as the name depicts, they are made from memory foam. They respond to temperature and weight and come with hypoallergenic properties. This is best for sleepers who require great hug, body shaping, contour, pressure relief, and support.
- The Latex Mattress- filled with latex foam, this is a breathable mattress made to ensure you do not overheat at night. It is an extremely durable mattress lasting for many years. This is a good mattress for people with asthma and allergies.
- The Pocket Spring Mattress-this is a more luxurious type of mattress made using individual springs that are housed in pockets. Each of the springs moves independently providing great support than the open spring mattress.
- The open spring mattress- also referred to as the open coil mattress, this type of mattress comes with one long piece of metal that is wire coiled into numerous springs.
Remember that finding a suitable mattress depends on body type. The goal is to ensure comfort and proper spine alignment. Small and lightweight people a soft mattress is appropriate. For the heavyweight persons, a thick mattress offers extra cushioning. There are also standard mattresses for the tall sleepers.
3. Your Budget
The budget is another determinant when purchasing a mattress. It varies from one person to another check for an affordable mattress online. When determining the mattress based on the budget, do not sacrifice your comfort. Remember that for a good night sleep, you need comfort and proper body support. Thus, dig deeper the pockets to make sure you are purchasing the right type of mattress. In addition, remember that price does not equal the quality as you can pay more and end up with a mattress that does not support you well. Do not be tempted to buy an extra cheap mattress, and always make sure you pay for quality.
4. What Level of Firmness Best Suits Your Needs?
The firmness of a mattress is defined as soft, medium or firm and it is a highly subjective factor. Do not confuse the firmness of a mattress to the level of support that it offers you. The firmness of a mattress relates to the level of comfort.
5. What is Your Sleeping Position?
Are you a side, back or a stomach sleeper? Some people will sleep in three positions. Make sure that your choice of mattress is suitable for your sleeping style. The inside sleepers rotate their both legs and so with a constant change, they need a mattress with a soft to medium level firmness. For the back sleepers, firmness and support are critical while support is important for the stomach sleepers.
Those are the important considerations to make when purchasing a mattress. Remember that your comfort and support are a critical factor to consider. The choice of mattress can also be determined by various conditions that one might be suffering from. For instance, people with joint pains require particular mattress type that is not necessarily the case for other people. Remember that quality of sleep is also dependent on other factors besides the mattress. For instance, a platform bed frame with headboard combined with a super quality mattress leads to an excellent sleep quality all night long.